16 January 2018 - 12:53
Iranian Armed Forces ready to confront any threats: Top commander

"The Armed Forces are ready to confront different types of threats," General Baqeri said, addressing a forum in Tehran on Tuesday.

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Chief of Staff of Iran's Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri underlined that his forces are prepared to confront and defend the country against any dangers and threats.

"The Armed Forces are ready to confront different types of threats," General Baqeri said, addressing a forum in Tehran on Tuesday.

He referred to different missions conducted by the Iranian Armed Forces in the past few years, and said, "These complicated missions have made the Islamic Republic of Iran's Armed Forces prepared to confront all threats."

General Baqeri underscored that Iran plays a key role in the vital South Asia region, as the most important source of energy in the world, beside maintaining its security and might, and said, "The world arrogance has created abundant threats to our country but these threats have turned into opportunity."

He added that Iran has foiled the plots hatched by the arrogant powers, specially the US, to globalize their desired world order.

In relevant remarks last month, General Baqeri underlined his country's high deterrence power, adding that it prevents enemies from even thinking about military aggression against Tehran.

"The Armed Forces' deterrence power can respond to enemies' plans and plots and thanks God, today this deterrence exists at a proper and desirable level and therefore, the enemy has concluded that launching an attack against Iran is not possible," General Baqeri said, addressing the Iranian army commanders in Tehran.

"They (the enemies) know that they will be harmed a lot by launching war against the Islamic Iran," he added.

General Baqeri, meantime, underscored the necessity for the Iranian Armed Forces to keep vigilant given the sensitive conditions in the region.



/257

Tags